PWR North America, is growing. We are looking for highly motivated individuals for Production Staff. C&R offers very competitive pay, benefits, 9 paid holidays, and a climate-controlled factory. Come join our team.
PWR has career opportunities for full-time candidates with general labor experience to work in our Indianapolis facility alongside our production team. This position will be an integral part of our manufacturing process, and will assist other shop resources in daily production needs. C&R production staff performs hands-on or mechanical work that typically requires fitting, alignment and adjustment of aluminum components and tubes to close tolerances. This position is expected to work from verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision, and is expected to perform trouble-shooting and rework production items as needed. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that requires minimal supervision, looking to develop alongside a fast-growing company where they can contribute their skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties require sufficient understanding of the functional operation of C&R products to make adequate minor modifications.
- Position requires manual manipulative skills, with capability to use a wide variety of hand tools, power equipment, and measuring instruments, including the following: 1) Will be expected to read prints and layouts that include tolerances and symbols. 2) Will be expected to use measurement tools, and operate tools/equipment used in the manufacturing facility.
- Will be expected to stack and prepare components for manufacturing
- Will be expected to load and unload production pieces from processing equipment
- Will be expected to perform light testing on components.
- May be expected to enter information into ERP computer system.
- Position requires individuals to manage time and appropriately prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and be willing to work overtime to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Candidates must be willing to assist other departments as needed to help the team accomplish overall production goals.
- Position will work within a team atmosphere and is expected to effectively communicate with co-workers to help monitor progress and determine status of assigned projects.
- Must have a commitment to quality and support the company’s Quality System and ISO requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED required; vocational training, technical certificate, or post-secondary degree in an industrial related field preferred.
- Experience working with basic tools, warehouse equipment, and manufacturing machinery is preferred.
- Previous work history in a manufacturing/production setting is preferred.
- Ability to read and use schematic prints and layouts, including tolerances and symbols.
- Ability to read and use metric measurement tools (tape measure, calipers, etc.).
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate with team members across a wide range of production scenarios
- Ideal candidate will be a confident decision maker with a “can do” attitude
- Must exhibit a commitment to quality and pride in workmanship
- Must have a commitment to maintaining a safe and tidy workplace
- Candidates should expect possible overtime and weekend work when required
- Position will work within a team atmosphere focused on quality production standards as well as best practices for future growth.
- Position requires activity throughout a manufacturing/ machinery/shop setting.
- Position requires a significant amount of time standing, bending, and lifting materials required to fulfill the manufacturing process.
- Position will require interacting and working within a shop/manufacturing environment where welding equipment and various machinery are used.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- production setting and basic tools: 1 year (Required)